- Think about your story and the message you wish to convey before starting to film.
- Script your story, either by using live commentary as you film or by means of a VoiceOver in post production.
- Capture footage that is clear and has enough variation and angles to effectively illustrate your story.
- Remember you need a lot of short clips that will hold the attention of your viewer. Clips in general are never more than 5 - 10 seconds.
- Don't make your videos long, the YouTube average is 58 seconds, remember an advert on TV is generally 20 seconds long.
- As clips are 5-10 seconds long your commentary or VoiceOver must make a point and the clip should clearly illustrate the point.
- Don't be boring and make your videos as professional as you can.
- Keep all commentary and VoiceOvers conversational.
- Think about your viewer and what they would like to know, what can you tell them and what information can you share with them.
- Remember news is only newsworthy if it reaches the audience quickly, post production time must not have a negative impact on the message reaching the world.
Thursday, 2 May 2013
10 Tips for making more effective Videos
Here are 10 tips to making more effective online videos.
Don't forget to have fun in the process and share this fun with your viewers.
I look forward to seeing your videos.
Image courtesy of Stuart Miles at FreeDigitalPhotos.net